Thursday, 15 December 2011

Foot plate re-skim

In order to get the best results from the foot load cell sensors, I needed to get a better surface where the two parts mate. I managed to do some of the parts on my CNC machine, but these parts were easier to do in my rubbish lathe. I had to make up a holding jig to get them in the reverse jaw chuck. Actually the finish wasn't too bad as long as they were machines at 2500rpm.

This plate was initially skimmed on the CNC machine, hence the tool pattern. Once I had made the jig I re-skimmed them in the lathe.

Monday, 5 December 2011

Tidy Up!


Matt Denton

micromagic systems ltd

Further Fitings/Improvments

The HexEngine back in position. I switched the LEDS to the opposite side so that the operator cans see them if required, it was a bit of a fiddle as it involved rotating the entire PC-104 stack inside the CAN, but worth it I think.
Remounted the WiFi antenna to the outside face of the bulk head, this is so that there are no cables needed on the cab.

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Testing the new seat

After finishing installation of the tank, battery box and seat support, I decided to give the seat a test.. position is good. I think it could do with the front fixings raised slightly using some rubber stand-offs, but otherwise all good!

Tank suport posts

I picked up the aluminium tank supports and fitted them, they have gone in no problem and look the part. Having the support posts in place I decided it was time to fit the seat bracket and battery supports.
Decided the battery strap worked better fitted across each battery rather than across them both, I have a second strap I need to chop down and fit.
And finally with the tank and seat fitted.