Tuesday 21 June 2011

Overheating

Having had a long chat with one of the engineers at Occo, I spent the afternoon testing the cooling capacity of our hydraulic oil cooler. The system temperature does not seem to stabilize, and worryingly I have hardly used the machine yet! I have been measuring the differential across the cooler, and have been seeing about 8 degrees from in to out, which is not enough given that the ambient temperature is around 18 degs and the inlet temperature around 45. One suggestion from the Occo engineer was to remove the cooler from the chassis and test it in an open space, I did this for the test but I only saw an improvement to approx. 10 degs differential...

  
Cooler mounted between the engine and the fuel tank.



Cooler hanging off of our engine hoist to give more free space around the fan and grill